A life assurance policy is an essential part of an estate plan. In the event of your death, your dependents will be taken care of, especially if your estate is low in liquid cash.
These kind of policies do not form part of your estate and will be paid directly to the beneficiaries you nominate in the policy. These payouts are exempt from estate duties and Capital Gains Tax.
- The benefits of having a life assurance policy include:
- An immediate payout to beneficiaries
- Available cash for funeral costs
- Living expenses covered for your dependants
- Continue caring for children, special needs relatives and aging parents or grandparents.